Green Financial Planning
As a financial planner of Garrett Investment Advisors, an independent firm, our goal is to provide competent, objective financial planning and investment advice accessible to real people.
At Green Financial Planning, we want to discover what is important to you and see your vision of where you want to go with your money and provide you with the planning to get there.
What We Believe In:
- Integrity: To be honest and fair.
- Objectivity: Unbiased and data driven information.
- Confidentiality: Our relationship will be built on trust.
- Professionalism: We will strive to engage in the most professional manner.
- Authentic: Be who you are
- Clarity: Easy to understand and remember
- Simple: Is usually better
- Financial Planning: is an ongoing process
- Do the right thing. If you do the right thing you generate trust.
- Do everything to the best of your ability with the time allotted. This means the little things. They make a difference. This is a commitment to excellence.
- Duty of care for client. We are a strong supporter of the Fiduciary Standard and Oath.
WE WILL ....
- Place my clients’ best interests first
- Act with prudence; with the skill, care, diligence, and good judgment of a professional
I started Green Financial Planning, an office of Garrett Investment Advisors, in order to provide fiduciary, fee-only, time-based financial planning and investment management to real people throughout Central Florida.
I want to help you bring clarity to your financial well-being. I want to know your goals and priorities. I want to find out where you want to go; I call this your destination. I want to align your goals, priorities, and destination with your money.
My life experiences are a big part of what I bring to your table. I earned a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida and Master’s degree from Troy University. For several years I served as naval aviator in the United States Navy. The time serving our country further instilled discipline, trust, honesty, and integrity to the foundation of my family upbringing in Apopka, Florida. Throughout my career I have worked for public and private agriculture businesses in Florida, Missouri, and Iowa. All of these have afforded me the opportunity to have many roles leading and mentoring people to accomplish the task at hand. Many people helped me along the way. I know who they are.
However, I have always had an interest in personal finance and investing and was thrilled to turn my interest into my life’s work by starting Green Financial Planning. Now I can help others.
I completed the 18 month Financial Planning Certificate Program from Florida State University in preparation for taking the CFP ® Certification Examination and passed the rigorous comprehensive exam in 2014. I am a candidate for the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation.
Currently, my wife and I and two children live in Brooksville, Florida. We enjoy watching the children’s participation in school activities and sports. Our whole family appreciates a good hike or anytime spent outside.