Get Acquainted Meeting
We will meet with you free of charge for an initial session. It is an opportunity to exchange information about your needs and objectives, discuss which services are right for you, and provide you an estimate of the cost of our services. Remember, Green Financial Planning does not accept commissions, and instead charges for services on an hourly or project basis. The purpose of this meeting is to see if we are a good fit for your needs. We will not provide any specific financial advice during this initial meeting.
Initial Baseline Engagement
Our initial financial planning engagements typically provide a one to two page overview of what you have and don’t have as per the following items of focus that is personalized to your situation and needs.
- Cash Flow- income & expenses, debt, taxes, emergency fund, credit
- Insurance- life, disability, health, property & casualty, additional liability, long term care
- Estate Planning- documents, account beneficiary designations, will or trust, power of attorney, healthcare power of attorney, living will/healthcare directive (Note: documents are drafted by an attorney)
- Savings & Investing- retirement, education, stocks/bonds mix
- Goals & Objectives- What do you want? Where do you want to go? What is important to you? Your time horizon?
Note: Retirement Projections or Investment Recommendations are not provided with Initial Baseline Engagement Financial Planning Service. A fee estimate can be provided at the end of first Financial Planning Meeting.
Typical fee range= $600 to $900
Investment Recommendations and Retirement Projections
These engagements typically provide Investment Recommendations for your accounts that you implement. They provide information on the type of investment vehicles available, asset selection, and investment analysis.
Retirement Projections may be offered as to achieving your retirement goals. Usually, financial independence is the primary goal. Situations may arise where recommendations impact certain variables such as working longer, saving more, and spending less, to better achieve your retirement objectives. For clients near retirement or already retired, advice may suggest distribution strategies that minimize the likelihood of outliving your money or reducing spending amounts during retirement years.
Topic Specific Engagements
Here are some sample engagements based on some questions you may have.
Portfolio Review -The cost is dependent on the number of accounts, number of investments, and type of investments. This is for advice for self-directed, do-it-yourselfers (DIY), and second opinions. We provide an analysis for you to implement on your own through a discount broker of your choice.
Some questions you may have:
- Do we have the correct investments?
- Are my investments expenses competitive?
- Is my portfolio diversified enough?
- What are the tax impacts of my investments?
Typical fee range is $800 to $1800
Retirement Income Planning - A detailed planning process looking at short-term and long-term objectives to determine when retirement is an option. This would include the following:
- Portfolio Review
- Net worth & cash flow now
- Retirement cash flow future
- Advice per your retirement plans and Social Security
Some questions you may have:
- What pension option is best for me?
- What should I do with my 401(k)/403(b), etc.?
- How much can I take out and not run out of money?
- Which accounts do I take money out of first?
Typical fee range is $1800 to $3600
Broad Financial Planning
Broad planning is a detail written assessment of your current financial situation. This would include the following items, actions, and meetings.
- Gathering data and entry
- Cash flow and Net Worth Statements, debt management, tax efficiency
- Retirement Planning - savings/income projections
- Investment Planning.
- Education Funding Planning
- Basic Insurance and Estate Planning overview
- Working Collaboration Meeting
- Analysis and Plan Formulation
- Plan Presentation Meeting
- You Implement- guidance provided
Typical fee range is $2400 to $4200
Real-Time Financial Planning
Some clients desire a financial check-up or second opinion. This may be to make sure you are on the right track or to help you make a sound decision on a financial or investment issue. A typical real time planning session includes the following:
- 30 minute pre-session data gathering and discussion
- 90 minute meeting
- Written summary of meeting with recommendations
This is most appropriate for simple situations. This does not replace broad financial planning. Detailed investment advice and specific portfolio recommendations may require more time than a normal standard financial check-up.
Typical Fee range is $500 to $700